Christmas is almost here!!!
I hope you’re all wrapping up the last of your presents, finalizing the grocery shopping, and preparing your hearts for Christmas! I’m always a tiny bit amazed at how I’m sitting in this moment and not feeling completely overwhelmed and stressed out. It’s been a complicated year and so maybe I’m just doing a better job of taking things in stride, but it’s more likely that I somehow managed to get everything done more than a few days in advance. Whew. In all the preparedness, I’m happy that I have room and mental space to whip up a few treats for our family celebrations. I wanted to do something that I could make in advance and store for a few days, so I landed on some dark chocolate covered orange slices. Although, more than anything I just wanted a really good excuse to use the recently launched SEE Salt that I finally had in hand. I have to be honest. I wasn’t really sure if I’d be able to tell the difference from my normal sea salt and this fleur de sel private label sea salt from SEE Salt, but let me tell you friends… even my untrained palate could notice the exquisite quality!
This refreshing, slightly sweet and slightly salty treat is a perfect way to show it off.
What you’ll need:
- Oranges (I chose the small and easy to peel clementines)
- Dark Chocolate Squares
- SEE Salt fleur de sel sea salt
- 1 Tsp Coconut Oil
- Wax Paper
Here’s what you do:
- Peel your oranges and separate into slices. The number of oranges needed depends on the size of oranges you use and how many you’d like to make. I ended up using about 15 which allowed me to use the whole bag of chocolate.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add more time in 10 second increments if needed.
- Line a cookie sheet or plate with wax paper.
- Carefully dip each slice into the chocolate until it’s covered half way. Lay it on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top of the chocolate before it has a chance to harden.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for 5-10 minutes allowing the chocolate to completely harden.
- Remove and serve or store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas full of memories that will fill your heart for years to come!